Friday, January 2, 2009

Book: One Night @ Call Center


Book name: One Night @ Call Center
Author: Chetan Bhagat

Usually, the backside of book describes, what the book is about. And this is what it is - The book is about six people working in a call center, set in one night. And then they get a phone call. That phone call was from God.

This was enough for me to start reading the book. It is a dark and witty novel. Well, the term dark is in itself dark - meaning language is very informal and some instances actually shocked me.

The novel is full of humour. For some of them, I actually burst out laughing. 

The narration of the story is just fantastic and captivating. The fun and serious moments are described beautifully. There are some instances to which I could actually relate to - such as the use of management jargon (This is like comparing apples to oranges. I am sure every newcomer to industry gets puzzled by this phrase), or the description of network printer. Overall a great book to read.


A hindi movie 'Hello' was made on this book. I heard it did not do well at box office. I have not seen it, but the book is great!

Author's webpage: http://www.chetanbhagat.com/

No comments: